Legacy Youth Tennis and Education is Philadelphia’s premier tennis center with a state of art tennis facility that features 8 indoor and 8 outdoor courts. Legacy’s mission is to prepare youth for success through our inclusive community using tennis, education and character programming. The Center Based Jr. Tennis Instructor works under the direction of the Tennis Coaches, Clinic Leads, Tennis Directors and the Sr. Director of Tennis to deliver high quality, on-court tennis and education programs to a diverse group of participants at LEGACY.
- Implement lesson plans to cater to each participant
- Take charge and/or assist in on-court activities as needed.
- Take time each session to figure out how each student learns best to raise the level of competency for the
entire group by the end of a clinic/camp session.
- Be a role model in consistently showing a high level of respect to each participant, being conscious of
equal treatment and attention, and promoting a sense of camaraderie and inclusiveness amongst the
- Bring a sense of enthusiasm, preparedness, and commitment to ensure quality programming each session.
- Continuous monitoring of the health and safety of each participant, ensuring the highest standards both on
and off the courts
- Responsible for the security of LEGACY equipment and the satisfactory appearance of the Center. • Work
as part of a team to set up, break down, and pack up tennis equipment each day, and be proactive in
providing assistance as needed to all participants using the equipment.
- Assist with maintaining the tennis courts and common areas, keeping areas clean of trash, storing
equipment in a neatly and orderly fashion.
- Adhere to all Legacy policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings as directed.
- Come to work dressed neatly and professionally, in appropriate tennis clothing.
Required Skills and Experience
- Attends High School or College
- One to two years of tennis coaching experience or competitive tennis play
- PTR or USPTA certification
- Ability to manage groups effectively and efficiently
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to be a positive role model to participants
- Demonstrated reliability and responsibility